Following the addition of Assistant Coaches Andrew Kirkpatrick and Nathan Jones to Australia’s Olympic campaign, further appointments have been made to Head Coach Laing Harrow’s support staff.
After qualifying for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games in September, preparations for the Aussie Spirit’s return to sports biggest stage began in earnest.
In order to ensure the Australian team selected remains in the best possible condition in the lead up to Tokyo, a number of roles have been allocated across the country including Lead Physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coordinators as well as Daily Training Environment (DTE) Coaches. A Head Softball Coach has also been appointed through the New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS).
The NSWIS and DTE Coaches appointed across the nation will be responsible for managing athletes’ individual performance plans on and off the diamond. All hold an important role in ensuring athletes receive everything they require to maintain playing performance in between training camps and competition with the Travelodge Aussie Spirit.
Softball Australia would like to congratulate those appointed below and look forward to arriving in Tokyo in the best possible shape to win a Gold medal.
- Open Women’s Lead Physiotherapist Coordinator – Kathy Mitchell (QLD)
- Open Women’s Lead S&C Coordinator – Jason Howell (NSW)
- NSWIS Head Softball Coach – Troy Baverstock (NSW)
- DTE Softball Coach – Kym Tollenaere (QLD)
- DTE Softball Coach – Andrew Scott (SA)
- DTE Softball Coaches – Chantelle James and Nathan Jones (WA) – Joint role