The Travelodge Aussie Spirit’s road to Tokyo has been outlined with the release of the WBSC Asia/Oceania Olympic Qualifier schedule for the 2-28 September tournament in Shanghai, China.
Australia will play three games over three days in an attempt to finish in the top two of their group before the Super Rounds begin on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 September.
Prior to the Qualifier, the Travelodge Aussie Spirit will travel to Japan next Thursday 12 September for a training camp and a number of warm-up games before flying to Shanghai on Saturday 21 September.
WBSC Asia/Oceania Olympic Qualifier schedule
Game times listed in AEDT
- Tuesday 24 September, 2:30pm – Australia V Chinese Taipei
- Wednesday 25 September, 2:30pm – Australia V Indonesia
- Thursday 26 September, 7:30pm – Australia V Hong Kong
- Friday 27 September, 5:00pm – B1 V A2
- Friday 27 September, 7:30pm – A1 V B2
- Saturday 28 September, 5:00pm – A2 V B2
- Saturday 29 September, 7:30pm – A1 V B1