Softball Australia is seeking to appoint Assistant Coaches, a Specialist Battery Coach and Team Manager to the Australian Open Women’s Softball Team (Aussie Spirit) for the 15th Women’s Softball World Championships, Canada in July 2016. As part the selection process there is an opportunity for shortlisted applicants to participate in these respective roles at the Down Under Series (DUS), 3-7 February 2016 in NSW.
The 2016 Aussie Spirit Squad (30 athletes) will compete as two teams in the DUS as part of the Team’s final selection process and this provides an excellent opportunity for prospective Aussie Spirit Team Staff Members to showcase their ability as part of the recruitment and final selection process.
Persons interested in being considered for Assistant Coach, Specialist Battery Coach and Team Manager appointments for these events are required to:
- Submit formal applications on the form/s below, including Member State endorsement and content validation.
- Include a copy of your resume and address the Key Position Criteria included within the Position Description, attached below.
The positions available for these events are:
|Down Under Series
3-7 Feb 2016
|Aussie Spirit Team (WC)
3 Feb – 31 Aug 2016
|Assistant Coach (On diamond)||4||1|
|Assistant Coach (General duties)||2||1|
|Specialist Battery Coach||2||1|
The Assistant Coach (General duties) may be required to: act as a bench coach during games, assist in practice sessions, scout, chart and/or provide video analysis services. The Specialist Battery Coach will be required to: supervise the bullpen and provide position specific technical and tactical skill acquisition programs for battery athletes.
- Feb 3-7 – Open Women’s Squad compete in Down Under Series with games against New Zealand and Japan (This will be the final selection event to select the team for the 2016 World Championship).
- Feb 17-21 – Open Women’s Team plays games against Japan Toyota Red Terriers.
- Apr/May/Jun – Games series over one weekend each month, dates to be confirmed early in 2016
- Jul 3-15 – World Championship preparation/tour
- Jul 16-24 – World Championship
Applications must be sent to the National Teams’ and Events Manager, Tony Milligan (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than COB on Thursday 22 January 2016.If you have any questions, please contact Tony Milligan on 0404 757 026.