Congratulations to Mackay Softball Association in QLD and Strikers Softball Club in NSW for finishing on top of the Homeplate Ladder for 2018/19.
The Homeplate Ladder Program for 2018/19 has been run and won with Mackay Softball Association in Qld and Strikers Softball Club from Newcastle Softball Association in NSW crowned Homeplate Ladder Champions.
Now in its third year, the Homeplate Ladder is Softball Australia’s Club and Association recognition program established to recognise Clubs and Associations for implementing best practice governance, management as well as membership growth. This year it introduced ‘inclusion’ as an additional category to earn points.
A total of 22 Clubs and Associations achieved Homeplate status in 2018/19, eight Associations reached ‘Going for Home’ and 84 clubs and Associations made it to ‘On Base’ status.
Of the 22 Clubs and Associations that achieved the ultimate recognition of Homeplate Status in 2018/19, the following outcomes have been determined:
- 64% had a significant growth in membership demonstrating successful recruitment strategies.
- 45% achieved membership retention of 80% or greater.
- 95% of the Clubs and Associations completed a National Affiliation Standards Checklist and demonstrated that they are meeting the minimum operating standards expected of a softball affiliate.
- 95% completed a Sport Australia Club Health Check in the past three years identifying areas of their operations that they can improve.
- 54% have a strategic or operational plan in place that they are working towards achieving their goals and objectives.
- 100% are registered to Softball Australia’s dedicated online club development resource ‘Homeplate’, accessing resources, tools and templates to help them with running and growing their Club or Association.
- 95% had members complete an accredited course in coaching, scoring or officiating, thus ensuring their volunteers had appropriate qualifications.
- 54% had their volunteers complete training courses to gain knowledge and skills required to effectively perform their roles and responsibilities.
- 31% demonstrated inclusive practices to engage the broader community.
Congratulations to all Clubs and Associations for your achievements in 2018/19. Keep a look out for the launch of the 2019/20 Homeplate Ladder Program coming soon.
Have your say
What would you like to see introduced into the 2019/20 Program? Email your comments to Softball Australia’s Club & Community Development Coordinator, Tim Hatzi at email@example.com