Softball Australia is partnering with Breast Cancer Network Australia and would like to invite and encourage the States, associations and clubs to participate in a Pink Sports Day this summer season.
This nationally sanctioned round will show support for the thousands of families affected by breast cancer in Australia each year and will help to raise funds for BCNA to continue to inform, support, connect and represent Australians affected by breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australian women and 19,998 women and 170 men will be diagnosed this year – that is 55 people, every day. A breast cancer diagnosis doesn’t just affect the person diagnosed. It has a ripple effect through families, schools, sporting clubs and their extended community. A ‘PLAY4BCNA’ Pink Sports Day is a great way to show support, raise funds and have some fun with ‘pinking up’ your teams and club rooms.
Softball Australia and BCNA have worked together to identify the month of November as the suggested timing to host your Pink Sports Day round. Please find some information to follow about how to get involved and the free support material available from BCNA to help make the event a success. Merchandise, including knee high pink lady socks and low cost items like pink wristbands, scrunchies and tutu’s are available to order from the BCNA Pink Sports Day online store to help add some pink to the players uniforms for the day.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- REGISTER : To receive your free support pack, social media support, donation tins and online donation link please register with BCNA – bcna.org.au/pinksportsday
- ORDER BCNA PINK MERCHANDISE – blksport.com/collections/bcna
- Softball Australia Contact – Jack Lucas, email: email@example.com
- BCNA Pink Sports Day Contacts – Carmen and Tania – firstname.lastname@example.org
A guide to hosting your Pink Sports Day
The first thing to do is to register your Pink Sports Day online at www.bcna.org.au/pinksportsday to receive BCNA’s free promotional pack and then decide on the merchandise you want to order to ‘pink up’ the players.
What BCNA provide FREE in support of a registered Pink Sports Day fundraiser
- Pink Sports Day posters to display date, time, venue or your event (both physical and digital versions of this are supplied)
- BCNA pink balloons (10)
- Pink Lady silhouettes (25)
- Pink Lady tattoo transfers (25)
- Donation tins (number of tins selected at registration)
- Approved social media imagery you can share
- A dedicated donation page link where supporters can donate to your fundraiser and receive a tax deductible donation emailed
Ways you can ‘pink up’, have fun and raise funds and PLAY4BCNA!
- Pre-purchase Pink Shoe Laces and/or Pink Knee high socks for your players (Socks are $12.50, Laces are $5 per or a set of both for $15) (*Please order any merchandise 2 weeks prior to your event to ensure it arrives in time )
- Pink up from the BCNA merchandise store with wristbands, scrunchies, tutu’s and even the must have accessory for 2020 – a pink BCNA face mask.
- Gold coin donations for activities or entry fee
- Donate the proceeds of a sausage sizzle from the day
- Run a raffle at your Pink Sports Day
(BCNA can provide an Authority to Fundraise letter to assist with securing prizes from local businesses in support of the day)
- Share your unique online donation page link via e-newsletters and social media
- Anything safe, legal or just plain fun that involves the colour pink and our ‘pink lady silhouettes’.
- To register simply go to: bcna.org.au/pinksportsday
- To view or order from the Pink Sports Day merchandise range > blksport.com/collections/bcna
- For BCNA enquiries email: email@example.com or phone: (03) 9805 2521
- For Softball Australia enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org