The Homeplate Ladder Program for 2017/18 has been run and won with Softball Far North Qld and Blue Mountains Softball Club crowned Homeplate Ladder Champions.
The second year of Homeplate Ladder, Softball Australia’s club and association recognition program established to recognise clubs and associations for implementing best practice governance, management as well as membership growth and retention saw the participation of clubs for the first time and the implementation of some new and exciting improvements.
These improvements included more categories to earn points towards Homeplate status, including volunteer training, accreditation courses and implementation of member conversion strategies and more tangible benefits and recognition including a fence banner and special Homeplate Status logo for clubs and associations who achieved Homeplate status.
A total of 25 clubs and associations achieved Homeplate status in 2017/18. A total of 49 clubs and associations reached ‘Going for Home’ and 169 made it to ‘On Base’.
Of the 25 clubs and associations that achieved the ultimate recognition of Homeplate Status in 2017/18, the following outcomes have been determined:
- 96% had a significant growth in membership in 2017/18 demonstrating successful recruitment strategies.
- 100% of the clubs and associations that achieved Homeplate Status completed a National Affiliation Standards Checklist and demonstrated that they are meeting the minimum operating standards expected of a softball affiliate.
- 88% completed an ASC Club Health Check in the past 3 years identifying areas of their operations that they can improve.
- 80% are registered to the Softball Australia’s dedicated online club development resource ‘Homeplate’, accessing resources, tools and templates to help them with running and growing their club or association.
- 80% had members complete an accredited course in coaching, scoring or officiating thus ensuring their volunteers had appropriate qualifications.
Congratulations to all clubs and associations for your achievements in 2017/18. Keep a look out for the launch of the 2018/19 Homeplate Ladder Program coming soon.
Have your say
What would you like to see introduced into the 2018/19 Program? Email your comments to Softball Australia’s Club & Community Development Coordinator, Tim Hatzi at email@example.com