Softball Australia is calling for expressions of interest to join the Australian Men’s Coaching Panel.
With Laing Harrow stepping away from his Head Coaching role with the Aussie Steelers, to focus his efforts on the Travelodge Aussie Spirit team, an opportunity exists for a member of the Coaching Panel to be appointed as Head Coach of the Aussie Steelers.
In addition to the Aussie Steelers Head Coach, opportunities exist for assistant coaches and specialist coaches, including battery, offensive and defensive coaches.
The benefits of the program are:
- Development of a greater number of potential elite men’s coaches
- Opportunity to upskill and develop coaches in specific areas
- More nationally aligned coaches recruited and working within the daily training environment at state level, delivering nationally aligned training for athletes
- Greater levels of athlete monitoring and reporting and individual performance plan supervision and mentoring
- The opportunity for the program Head Coach and Softball Australia High Performance team to select tour coaching staff from the national coaching pool, aligning specific coaching skills to the tour/event requirement
- During a tour the Head Coach may appoint others to the role for specific games or pre-event tours to provide development and experience opportunities
- In some instances the program Head Coach may attend events/tours as a coaching mentor while providing the opportunity for others to fill the Head Coach position on a short term basis
- Succession planning in the appointment of national team Head Coaches
Those who are appointed to the panel may have the opportunity to work in either or both of the Aussie Steelers and Junior Steelers national team programs, including the following:
- 2019 Men’s World Championship
- 2019 and 2020 International Friendship Series (working with the Australian Junior Men’s Squad)
- 2020 Junior Men’s World Championship
- Other international tours for both programs
- Other domestic events and camps for both programs
To apply for the coaching panel, a minimum of Level 3 coaching accreditation is required and the Position Application Form must be completed.
Given the time sensitive nature of the appointment of the 2019 Aussie Steelers World Championship coaching positions, applicants are requested to advise at the time of submitting their application if they wish to be considered for a position with this team.
Applications must be sent to National Events Manager, Shane Cantelmi via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 11 March 2019.