Softball Australia is calling for expressions of interest to join the Australian Women’s Coaching Panel.
Following the completion of the recent WBSC Junior Women’s World Cup, an opportunity exists for a member of the Coaching Panel to be appointed as Head Coach of the Aussie Junior Spirit.
Given the time-sensitive nature of this appointment, applicants are requested to advise at the time of submitting their application for the Coaching Panel if they wish to be considered for the Head Coach position with this team. Please refer to the attached position description for further information.
In addition to the Aussie Junior Spirit Head Coach, opportunities will exist in the future for assistant and specialist coaches.
Those who are appointed to the panel may have the opportunity to work in either or both of the Travelodge Aussie Spirit and Junior Spirit national team programs, including the following:
- 2020 Asia Pacific Cup and 2020 Summer Slam
- 2020 Junior Women’s Oceania Region World Cup Qualifier
- 2020 International Friendship Series (working with the Australian Junior Women’s Squad and Junior Coaches)
- 2020 Junior Women’s World Cup (likely August 2020)
- Aussie Diamond Pathway Program Tours and international tours for both programs
- Other domestic events and camps for both programs
The benefits of the Coaching Panel program include:
- Development of a greater number of potential elite women’s coaches
- Opportunity to upskill and develop coaches in specific areas
- More nationally aligned coaches recruited and working within the daily training environment at state level, delivering nationally aligned training for athletes
- Greater levels of athlete monitoring and reporting and individual performance plan supervision and mentoring
- The opportunity for the program Head Coach and Softball Australia High Performance team to select tour coaching staff from the national coaching pool, aligning specific coaching skills to the tour/event requirement
- During a tour, the Head Coach may appoint others to the role for specific games or pre-event tours to provide development and experience opportunities
- In some instances, the program Head Coach may attend events/tours as a coaching mentor while providing the opportunity for others to fill the Head Coach position on a short-term basis
- Succession planning in the appointment of national team Head Coaches
To apply for the coaching panel, a minimum of Level 3 coaching accreditation is required, and the Position Application Form must be completed.
Please note that the term limit of newly appointed coaching panel members is 12 months from date of appointment. For further information regarding the Junior Spirit Head Coach, please see the Position Description.
Applications must be sent to National Teams and Events Coordinator, Ryder Ranieri via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday 15 October 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Ryder or Chet Gray on 03 9417 0022 (ext 117).