Community Club Grants – #BackOnBase
Softball Australia is pleased to introduce the #BackOnBase campaign, providing grants to Clubs to assist in retention and participation campaigns.
Aimed at providing a well-earned boost after a trying few months for sport in Australia, Softball Australia has a pool of AU$60,000 available to Clubs that provide an application deemed acceptable for a grant by a committee of representatives from a section of the softball community.
Grant applications range from AU$200 to AU$1000 and must be put towards retention or participation initiatives. Clubs are encouraged to be as creative as they can with how they will use their grant.
Applications will be accepted from Softball Australia affiliated Clubs only and must be submitted between 9:00am AEST Wednesday 26 August 2020 – 10:00pm AEST Wednesday 9 September 2020.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Applications are now being assessed for grant applications, Clubs will be notified of their outcome in the coming days.
Member States have nominated the below Q&A Zoom sessions to address any potential questions on the applications and the selection process with a Softball Australia representative, those times and links listed below:
State Q&A Sessions
- Tas – Monday 24 August, 7:00pm AEST (Recording available here, Passcode: e*A9*y6E)
- NT – Tuesday 25 August, 6:00pm AEST
- Qld – Wednesday 26 August, 6:00pm AEST (Recording available here, Passcode: gzPL1E@u)
- SA – Wednesday 26 August, 6:00pm AEST (Recording available here, audio only)
- ACT – Wednesday 26 August, 8:00pm AEST (Recording available here, Passcode: n1=9?Sj5)
- Vic – Thursday 27 August, 7:00pm AEST (Recording available here, Passcode: 9qLY=ic3)
- WA – Friday 28 August, 7:00pm AEST
- NSW – Tuesday 1 September, 7:00pm AEST (Recording available here, Passcode: I.480EFZ)
Overview of the Program
The Softball in Australia Community Club Grants Campaign will seek to engage and invigorate every Softball Club across the country with the aim of increasing grassroots members and retaining existing members.
All submissions will be completed online and should not take applicants more than one hour to complete.
Every affiliated Club that has had registered players in the last 12 months has the right to apply for a grant.
- The maximum grant available to each club is $1000;
- The minimum grant available to each club is $200; and
- Some grant applications may not get funded.
The grant should be used for NEW activities associated with player retention or player acquisition for 2020/2021.
This is not a ‘Business as Usual’ Grant and Clubs are encouraged to innovate and “think outside the box” for the use of their grant in player retention or acquisition activities.
Outcomes should be clearly measurable and can be reported in isolation as part of an agreed acquittal process. All Grant Proposals need to outline how specifically they will increase membership, participation and/or retention of members; Programs that “confirm” or “track” “transition” from approach to sign-up should be highly regarded.
Clubs are encouraged to apply for and use the grant for the following examples:
- Programs that support inclusion and diversity;
- School or community group engagement and encouragement to try Softball;
- Better use of existing programs (Social 7s, SBU, Fully Loaded) and resources;
- “Come and Try” and “Bring a friend” promotions that can be tracked to sign-up;
- Proposals for marketing/promotion outside of the membership (for example $X toward setting up a stall at major shopping centres); and
- Digital and social media Campaigns.
Applications detailing examples outside of the above will also be considered, however, grants are not seen as appropriate for the following:
- Discounting fees;
- Subsiding new membership fees;
- Subsiding player fees for State or National Events;
- Equipment for existing participants and programs (not including SBU);
- Training of resources;
- Paying existing coaches, umpires, administration or facility staff; or
- Computer or Telecommunications Hardware acquisition.
For more information contact email@example.com.