Softball Australia will continue with a national coaching panel for the Australian Men’s high performance program, encompassing the Aussie Steelers, Junior Steelers and recently created Australian U23 Men’s national teams.
This will continue to be a pool of appointed coaches working under the direction of Laing Harrow.
Softball Australia is calling for expressions of interest to join the Australian Men’s Coaching Panel.
Coaches appointed to the Panel will have the opportunity to be considered as a coach with the Australian Men’s, U23 Men’s and U18 Men’s programs, at World Cups and other events and camps those teams may attend.
The benefits of the program are:
- Development of a greater number of potential elite men’s coaches
- Opportunity to upskill and develop coaches in specific areas
- More nationally aligned coaches recruited and working within the daily training environment at state level, delivering nationally aligned training for athletes
- Greater levels of athlete monitoring and reporting and individual performance plan supervision and mentoring
- The opportunity for the program Head Coach and Softball Australia High Performance team to select tour coaching staff from the national coaching pool, aligning specific coaching skills to the tour/event requirement
- During a tour the Head Coach may appoint others to the role for specific games or pre-event tours to provide development and experience opportunities
- In some instances the program Head Coach may attend events/tours as a coaching mentor while providing the opportunity for others to fill the Head Coach position on a short term basis
- Succession planning in the appointment of national team Head Coaches
To apply for the coaching panel, a minimum of Level 3 coaching accreditation is required and the Position Application Form must be completed.
Aplications must be sent to National Events Manager, Shane Cantelmi via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 17 August 2020.